Vis dit seneste musikkøb

Re: Vis dit seneste musikkøb

Indlægaf kvik » 12. sep 2012, 23:55

Billede

In recent years, the Czech label Supraphon has produced two outstanding series, each promoting an outstanding conductor: the Karel Ancerl Gold Edition and the Vaclav Talich Special Edition. The 2 cd release under review is Volume 10 of the Talich series.

Vaclav Talich was chief conductor of the Czech Philharmonic from 1919 to 1941 (excluding a brief period in the early 1930s) and was personally responsible for establishing them as a world-class orchestra. It would be hard to underplay his significance to Czech music.

The music on this release is powerful stuff. Firstly, we have Dvorak's Stabat Mater, a sacred cantata written in response to the deaths of his first three children. This is followed by Suk's 2nd symphony, titled Asrael, after the angel of death. Suk wrote the work following the death of Dvorak, his father-in-law, and his wife in 1904 and 1905. Both works are responses to pain and loss. These recordings were made in 1952 and Talich, no stranger to pain and loss, gives gut-wrenching, inspiring performances of both works, drawing on his own trials and privations suffered over the previous decade or so to ellicit every last ounce of feeling out of the scores and the orchestra.

Stabat mater is itself a 13th century Franciscan text, used in the Roman liturgy as both a sequence and a hymn. Dvorak treated the text as an oratorio in 10 parts; his highly emotive style is given full expression in this wonderful, heart-felt piece. Following on from the success of his Slavonic Dances, this piece helped cement Dvorak's standing in Europe and England; it is one of his most significant early works.

Suk's development as a composer was profoundly influenced by the deaths of Dvorak and his (Suk's) wife. The ensuing depression led to a darker form of expression and when he returned to composition, this dark turn manifested itself in his Symphony #2 in C minor, or Asrael symphony. It has been called, not unreasonably, one of the great symphonic works of the post-Romantic era. Dark and tragic, it is a truly compelling work. Along with much else that Suk wrote, it deserves to be more widely known and performed.

The sound in both recordings is excellent, truly superb given the period. The Czech Philharmonic gives a world-class performance under the baton of one of the best, if not the best, interpreters of Czech music. The accompanying booklet is informative and gives some wonderful quotes from Talich with regards to his imprisonment, to pain and suffering, and to his interpretations of both works. Get this release! If you do, and you like it as I do (of course you will!), then let me also suggest you chase down Volume 3 of this series, which sees Talich conducting superb performances of Janacek's Taras Bulba and Suk's Ripening.

Billede

The sound, the name, the first international successes, as well as the first recordings made by the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, are inseparably linked with the name of Václav Talich. The recordings contained on this CD originated under truly exceptional circumstances and document unrepeatable moments.

The performance of Smetana’s My Country on 5 June 1939 in Nazi-occupied Protectorate Prague – and what’s more, at the National Theatre, perceived as a symbol of national cohesion – was an expressive manifestation of Talich’s patriotism. The moment’s sheer emotional charge gave rise to what may justly be considered the conductor’s finest recording of My Country and, following a long-lasting ovation, the enthusiastic audience spontaneously rounded off the concert by singing the Czech national anthem.

The recording of this concert, and that of Dvořák’s Slavonic Dances, which was performed at the National Theatre four days later, have been preserved owing to their direct transmission to several European cities. The recording was made by Radio Norway, which possessed the most advanced audiorecording technology of the time.

This recording, first released by the Czech Philharmonic, was hailed by the distinguished critic Rob Cowan in Gramophone magazine as perhaps the most powerful My Country to have ever been recorded.
kvik

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Norge

Indlægaf winding » 13. sep 2012, 00:03

Billede
overlegen popmusik ... ruller1
winding

Brugeravatar

Sv: Vis dit seneste musikkøb

Indlægaf Sorensiim » 17. sep 2012, 20:08

Dagens bestilling hos iMusic.dk:

Billede

Billede

KOM SÃ… POSTMAND!!
The best things in life are free. The second best are very, very expensive.
All the gear but no idea | Komfort-mod til Ultrasone & Beyerdynamic | Mine faste testnumre
Sorensiim

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Skanderborg

Re: Sv: Vis dit seneste musikkøb

Indlægaf vaskebjørnen » 17. sep 2012, 20:15

Sorensiim skrev:Dagens bestilling hos iMusic.dk:

Billede

Billede

KOM SÃ… POSTMAND!!

Det ser satme godt ud musik17 musik17
WARNING:DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE OR OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY WHILE PLAYING YOUR AIR GUITAR

[GEAR] On the go: Ipod 160GB : Qusp LOD : Alo RX : Future Sonics Atrio
vaskebjørnen

Brugeravatar
Kabelsnedker

Geografisk sted: Næstved

Indlægaf Søren » 18. sep 2012, 16:43

Billede

Temmelig fed...noget for bashovederne musik11
Søren

Indlægaf Anda » 20. sep 2012, 13:02

HiFiMAN HE-6 | Yamaha M-4 | Palmer Monicon | Audio-GD SA-1.32 | Gustard U10
Grejliste
Anda

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: København V

Indlægaf Buyer no 1 » 20. sep 2012, 19:26

Billede
Buyer no 1

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Region Hovedstaden

Indlægaf Mataugust » 20. sep 2012, 19:39

Er lige ved at hente fra HD Tracks
Billede
Audioquest Diamond-->
Denafrips Ares -->
Cambridge CXC --> Luxman LV-107u --> HL Adapterboks--> AKG K701/Grado GS100/Philips A5pro
Thorens TD320 -->Trichord Dino -->
Mataugust

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Slagelse

Indlægaf Anda » 20. sep 2012, 22:05

Buyer no 1: Hvor er det fra?
HiFiMAN HE-6 | Yamaha M-4 | Palmer Monicon | Audio-GD SA-1.32 | Gustard U10
Grejliste
Anda

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: København V

Indlægaf Victor Halgaard » 21. sep 2012, 01:39

Billede
Pure Battle-Metal awesomeness...
The Headphone Viking - Courtesy of the sixth circle of Hell... | Mine Kabler kan ses her: http://huginmunincables.blogspot.dk/

Astell&Kern AK240 > Questyle CMA800r / ALO Rx Mk3b > Sennheiser HD800 / Beyerdynamic T1 / IE800 / Beyer DT1350 / Heir 4.A / Fostex TH600 / Pioneer SE-L40 / Koss KDE-250 /
Victor Halgaard

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Asgård

Indlægaf Buyer no 1 » 21. sep 2012, 07:36

Anda skrev:Buyer no 1: Hvor er det fra?

cdon.com
http://cdon.dk/musik/3_cd_for_99_kr/
Buyer no 1

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Region Hovedstaden

Indlægaf vaskebjørnen » 27. sep 2012, 21:56

Billede
WARNING:DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE OR OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY WHILE PLAYING YOUR AIR GUITAR

vaskebjørnen

Brugeravatar
Kabelsnedker

Indlægaf vaskebjørnen » 29. sep 2012, 19:59

Billede
Deadmau5 Meowingtons Hax 2k11 TORONTO

Billede
Meowingtons Hax Tour Trax Compilation

vaskebjørnen

Brugeravatar
Kabelsnedker

Indlægaf Rappo » 1. okt 2012, 09:57

Lidt i den progressive afdeling - nærmere betegnet de første to udspil fra Lunatic Soul.

Nogen af jer kender måske Riverside, men ellers kan jeg oplyse at Lunatic Soul er Mariusz Dudas (forsanger og guitarist i netop Riverside) soloprojekt. Hvis man er til Porcupine Tree og lignende, så giv dem et lyt!
Jeg kan indtil videre kun anbefale det første album, da jeg endnu har til gode at høre 'Lunatic Soul II'.

Billede
'Lunatic Soul'

Billede
Lunatic Soul II'
Mit grej <--
I need my 1987 DG-20 Casio electric guitar, set to mandolin, yeah. Drop the drums!
Rappo

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Odense

Indlægaf vaskebjørnen » 11. okt 2012, 22:32

Billede

Det er noget der rykker rulle2

vaskebjørnen

Brugeravatar
Kabelsnedker

Indlægaf Mataugust » 26. okt 2012, 19:22

Billede

25 års remasterede udgave. Stadig et fantastisk album.
Audioquest Diamond-->
Denafrips Ares -->
Cambridge CXC --> Luxman LV-107u --> HL Adapterboks--> AKG K701/Grado GS100/Philips A5pro
Mataugust

Brugeravatar

Indlægaf Mataugust » 29. okt 2012, 15:03

Billede

Billede

Dem gad jeg godt høre på T70. Eller T1...Eller HD800.....
Audioquest Diamond-->
Denafrips Ares -->
Mataugust

Brugeravatar

Indlægaf kvik » 30. okt 2012, 23:46

Billede
Johanna Martzy - Radio Recordings CD Set
Martzy er blandt mine absolutte favorit-violinister på spindesiden
kvik

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Norge

Sv: Vis dit seneste musikkøb

Indlægaf Sorensiim » 27. nov 2012, 19:04

Awww yeah! £1 på Ebay :mrgreen:

uploadfromtaptalk1354035892702.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1354035892702.jpg (143.67 KiB) Vist 10611 gange

Sendt fra min Galaxy Nexus med Tapatalk2
The best things in life are free. The second best are very, very expensive.
All the gear but no idea | Komfort-mod til Ultrasone & Beyerdynamic | Mine faste testnumre
Sorensiim

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Skanderborg

Indlægaf Rappo » 29. nov 2012, 19:44

Det er egentlig ikket et køb da det er gratis, men jeg synes lige at jeg ville dele dette med jer.

HDtracks har et 24/96 sample album som man kan hente gratis. Albummet er en compilation og inderholder bl.a. numre med Tom waits, Calexico og Glen Hansard.
Start med at oprette en bruger, hvis du ikke allerede har en. Log på HDtrakcs og klik herefter på dette link: https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file ... m_id=13277.

Som en tak får man efterfølgende tilsendt en email med en 15% rabatkode, som man kan bruge på sin næste ordre. 8-)
Mit grej <--
I need my 1987 DG-20 Casio electric guitar, set to mandolin, yeah. Drop the drums!
Rappo

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Odense

ForegåendeNæste

Tilbage til Musik