TEAC kommer med nye ting fra godteposen

TEAC kommer med nye ting fra godteposen

Indlægaf Larry » 29. sep 2011, 21:45

Man har længe kunne læse at TEAC ville komme med forskelligt nyt i efteråret. Her er link til oversigt og priserne. Synes deres nye UD-H01 32 bit DAC til 300 £ ser meget interessant ud 9musik . Vi må se om hovedtelefonindgangen er brugbar, men ellers er det et lækkert lille setup man kan bygge op af TEAC elementerne :

http://www.whathifi.com/news/update-tea ... ay-support
Vedhæftede filer
TEAC.jpg
TEAC.jpg (132.97 KiB) Vist 2840 gange
Harmony Design Ear 909 + Auralic Vega DAC + HiFiMan HE-500 XLR
Larry

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: København N

Re: TEAC kommer med nye ting fra godteposen

Indlægaf Aquila » 29. sep 2011, 22:43

Spændende! Det kunne godt være dét der kom til at stå mellem mine RS1 og min MacBook..
WESTONE ES5!!!!
Aquila

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Kolding.

Indlægaf Anda » 2. mar 2012, 15:56

Er der nogen der har en idé om, hvordan DAC'en ville klare sig sammenlignet med DacMagic? Jeg har de seneste dage kigget lidt på DACs og USB-SPDIF med XMOS og Tenor TE8802. Teac'en koster kun en tusse mere end Lindemann's digital-digital konverter med samme TE8802 chip.
HiFiMAN HE-6 | Yamaha M-4 | Palmer Monicon | Audio-GD SA-1.32 | Gustard U10
Grejliste
Anda

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: København V

Indlægaf Anda » 11. apr 2012, 11:55

http://www.head-fi.org/t/560940/teac-ud-h01-usb-dac/15#post_8294488

nossifer skrev:Windows user here. Actually, a LONG time Ubuntu user to be more precise.

OS Drivers:

I got the TEAC UD-H01 DAC and just assumed that it would work fine on Ubuntu. As of today, it doesnt. I emailed TEAC and they basically told me to get a PC or Mac. I have an HTPC that I formatted to XP. The dac sucked! It was always clicking after every song on and off as the song changed. It was unbearable. I switched to Windows 7. Windows 7 can force a specific sample rate (upconvert) so that problem went away.

Win7 USB Drivers:

Windows 7 USB Out to the DAC is horrible. System hogs at 70% with system interrupts. The thing was basically unusable. Used VLC for audio (I know nothing of Windows software anymore) and VLC was massively overdriving the bass. A friend reco'd to use MediaMonkey, which is ok. I'm not in love with MediaMonkey, but it is livable. i switched from USB out to Digital Coax out. Problem solved. http://imgur.com/y7ser

Build quality of the DAC:

Visually, the dac doesnt live up to the pictures. It doesnt seem solidly built or very classy. The photos make it seem like a nice brushed steel, but it is cheap and flimsy IMO. It is "ok" I guess. I havent opened it up or anything, but this comment is about the case.

Audio quality:

I suppose it is ok. This is my first dedicated DAC. Prior to this, I was using my Denon AVR-3808. This is better than the Denon (I was pre-out with the Denon). I cannot fully comment on audio quality yet because I am still burning in my tube amp. I will post back later when I can comment more. I will also arrange an A/B with some friends and be able to more directly compare.

Ikke videre imponerende...
HiFiMAN HE-6 | Yamaha M-4 | Palmer Monicon | Audio-GD SA-1.32 | Gustard U10
Grejliste
Anda

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: København V

Tilbage til 2011