StereoPravda SB-7 (russisk high-end UIEM)

IndlĂŚgaf kvik » 30. jul 2017, 01:54

Jeg ved ikke, hvad det er med russerne, men de laver noget spændende head-fi grej. Myst med deres multibit-DAC’er, isodynamiske hovedtelefoner og de berømte/berygtede ‘søm’. Abbas Audio med sine multibit-DAC’er bygget på vintage dele/komponenter. Fisher Audio, og deres highend mærke Kennerton. Og nu også StereoPravda (hvor pravda er russisk for sandhed).

Har man prøvet Etymotics ‘deep insert’ propper, så har man en fornemmelse af, hvad der venter med StereoPravda SB-7. Her snakker vi ‘deepest insert’, dvs helt derind hvor der (næsten) ikke er nogen vej tilbage :-)

Knapt så ‘spændende’ er prisniveauet. Jeg ved ikke, hvorfor de russiske priser generelt ligger så højt. For at stoppe SB-7 dybt ind in ørene, må man af med $2500, dvs ca 16000 danske før fragt og moms/gebyrer.

Nu kunne det have vÌret (mere) interessant, hvis jeg faktisk sad med dem i ørene, og kunne berette, hvordan de lyder. Prisen gør dog, at det ikke bliver foreløbigt. Sü I mü nøjes med nedenstüende billeder og links til andres oplevelse.

Helt nye er de ikke (2016), men jeg har lige füet øjene op for dem, og siden de ogsü var reprÌsenteret pü CanJam London i den forgangne uge, sü kan de vel godt lÌgges her i nyhedsektionen.

Og eksotisk grej kan man vel aldrig fĂĽ nok af :ugeek: :grin:

SB-7_1.jpg
SB-7_1.jpg (338.76 KiB) Vist 9939 gange
SB-7_2.jpg
SB-7_2.jpg (372.58 KiB) Vist 9939 gange
SB-7_3.jpg
SB-7_3.jpg (210.55 KiB) Vist 9939 gange
SB-7_4.jpg
SB-7_4.jpg (123.37 KiB) Vist 9939 gange
SB-7_5.jpg
SB-7_5.jpg (453.96 KiB) Vist 9939 gange

http://www.stereopravda.com/products/5/33/
http://www.tonepublications.com/macro/t ... eadphones/
http://headphone.guru/stereo-pravda-ear ... ssia-love/
kvik

Brugeravatar

IndlĂŚg: 4718
Geografisk sted: Norge

Re: StereoPravda SB-7 (russisk high-end UIEM)

IndlĂŚgaf Burning777 » 30. jul 2017, 07:31

Tak for deling. SpĂŚndende produkt.

Her er detaljerne fra deres webside.

- NON-user replacable one size-fits all universal silicon tip;
- SEVEN Balanced Armature drivers per channel, all drivers share the same axis;
- custom Pravda32 connecting cable specially designed for this model by Chris Sommovigo;
- audiophile-grade matching resistors by Vishay;
- mini-jack's TRS-part by Furutech;
- impedance: 15 Ohms;
- the connecting cable's length
Desktop: Meier Daccord ff --> Meier Classic ff --> Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro
Portable: iPod Classic --> CLAS --> Meier Quickstep --> Etymotic ER4XR / Beyerdynamic T51p / Tzar 350
Burning777

Brugeravatar
headphoneus supremus extraordinaire

IndlĂŚg: 3909
Geografisk sted: Herning

IndlĂŚgaf kvik » 30. jul 2017, 11:06

Here are some basic hints about inserting and wearing our StereoPravda SPearphones family of our Iis.

For INSERTING please, see the pictures attached:

1. Put the connecting cable behind your neck with its split closer to the right ear.

For mobile convenience, fasten it with the clip to your collar position(the clip positioning can be changed along the cable’s length to adjust each channel’s corresponding lengths).

As this AUDIOPHILE cable is relatively fragile, we would recommend you to “think twice” before making any adjustments, as the coils of the wire would not completely return to the straight shape after twisting.

Wrap the cables around your ear (like in the attached picture).

With the connecting wire pointing upwards and slightly in front of you (see the attached picture), slowly insert an Ii as deep as possible(it’s supposed to stop at some depth, close to the ear canal’s “Second Bend” (by the way, that’s why the “SB-“ moniker), depending on the size of your ear channel).

Alternatively, a sharp pain should stop you.

Relative mild discomfort is a normal feeling while this first undertaking.

3. When stopped, slightly twist the earphone around, pushing slightly in and out in the ear channel UNTIL YOU FEEL that your ears are not only isolated, but that THE EAR CHANNEL ACOUSTIC ISOLATION IS THE SAME FOR BOTH OF YOUR EARS.

That is when you pronounce “m-m-m-” or “ah-ah-ah-” sounds it’s indicated by THE SAME response in both of your sealed ears (both in tone and in the loudness).

Hopefully, you'll reach the ear channel isolation with no pain or inconvenience.

The isolation is the key to good sound. Without it the excellent sound is impossible with our designs. So, spend some time making sure you’re obtaining the ear channel isolation, and don’t even try to evaluate the sonic qualities of our products without reaching it.

We are quick to admit that our products are not for everyone; their appeal is limited by the variance in human ear channel anatomy.

So, please, cross your fingers that you’ll pass the admission test!

Otherwise, if your ear channels are too small or quirky-shaped ones, and the use of our products is prohibited by an intolerantly high level of discomfort, we’re very sorry, and are honestly wishing you all the best in your future sonic endeavors!

You can return our product for a, practically speaking, full refund (please, see our return policy on our website).

RE-WRAP THE CONNECTING CABLE AROUND YOUR EAR (like in the attached picture).

This is important, as the cable, while moving, can constantly twist the Ii out of its correct positioning, leading to the “leakage of isolation”.

5. If necessary, slightly RE-POSITION the Ii within your ear channel (please, see point 3. above).

So, while moving your head, the ear channel is CONSTANTLY isolated.

Please, make sure that the connecting cable is wrapped around your ear and SLIGHTLY TIGHTENED around it to make sure it’ll stay in its place!

The physical design of our SPearphone line is optimized for a CONSTANT (despite on the head movient) level of such isolation.

6. You're done.

7. We recommend to SLIGHTLY change the moving collar clip/R/L cables’ splitting point’s position on the cable after each use.

This procedure would prevent the breakage of the small cable conductors inside at this point of juncture.

We are fully aware that the insertion and wearing procedures described above can INITIALLY to sei cumbersome.

But with repeated use they become automatic, and, in our humble opinion, and, at the very least, in our own cases, we would reach proper positioning and proper ear channel isolation, time after time, with much more ease, much more reliably, and much more "predictability", than it usually happens in a case of a “universal” tips Iis.

http://www.stereopravda.com/manuals/
kvik

Brugeravatar

IndlĂŚgaf Claus-DK » 30. jul 2017, 12:17

De ser sjove ud..
Ikke udskiftelige silikonetips ??
Claus-DK

Brugeravatar
Administrator

IndlĂŚg: 12664
Geografisk sted: Kliplev

IndlĂŚgaf kvik » 30. jul 2017, 13:30

Hvis de er, hĂĽber jeg de sidder meget godt fast, eller er en 'odder' nok uundgĂĽelig :grin:
kvik

Brugeravatar

IndlĂŚgaf Gerner » 30. jul 2017, 14:15

Ja pĂŚne er de ikke.. Og hvad er det for et tykt kabel?
De lyder sikkert glimrende, men af udseende er det ikke min kop te. ;-)
Gerner

IndlĂŚg: 1164

IndlĂŚgaf Peter Jensen » 30. jul 2017, 14:56

De lyder til at vÌre kompromisløse, büde mht. lyd kvalitet og "svÌrhedsgrad" i anvendelse.

Rigtigt spÌndende hvis de virkelig kan levere en ud af hoved oplevelse, det har jeg ikke füet af in-ears før.

Vides det om en custom løsning ikke er mulig med deres lyddesign og den müde drivere skal sidde pü, eller har de bare ikke fundet det interessant at lave den custom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peter Jensen

IndlĂŚg: 894
Geografisk sted: København

IndlĂŚgaf kvik » 30. jul 2017, 15:04

Godt spørgsmül. De skal jo sidde lige sü dybt som de fleste CIEMs. Her finder du udviklingshistorien.
kvik

Brugeravatar

IndlĂŚgaf Henrik_sdk » 30. jul 2017, 16:17

Har nogle smĂĽ in-ear, og de skal osse have et tryk skrot op for at vĂŚre inde, super isolering.
Henrik_sdk

Brugeravatar
Administrator

IndlĂŚg: 2384
Geografisk sted: Ringsted

IndlĂŚgaf Claus-DK » 30. jul 2017, 18:20

Man skal ikke putte skrot i ørerne... ruller1 ruller1 ruller1 rulle4

Man kunne vel omkapsle den med silibambam og lave den til en "custum"..
Claus-DK

Brugeravatar
Administrator

IndlĂŚgaf kvik » 30. jul 2017, 20:58

Man kan ringe til Niels fra Skrot er Godt, sĂĽ kommer han og henter dit gamle jern. Kiloprisen, eller her nok nĂŚrmere gramprisen, er sikkert ikke helt som med guld :grin:

—

Claus, skaberen af SB-7 har truffet nogle bevidste valg efter omfattende eksperimenter. Fravalget af custom mold er et af dem. Herunder et par citater fra interviewet med ham.

WSR Reber: What distinguishes your IEMs from the numerous IEM designs and implementations on the market?

Kucherenko: As I already mentioned, before my goal was to pass the torch of home high-end audio to a new field of portable audio.
As a hard-core audiophile for the last 25 years, I’ve been disappointed with the lack of like-minded IEM manufacturers (I met and interviewed some of them for a Russian audio publication). To reiterate, they were thinking about “accuracy” but left an impres- sion on me that they didn’t think it’s worth any trouble to strive “beyond that.”
So, as I saw nobody (yet) go “beyond that,” I decided to peek there myself, to try to see what can be hidden there.
I’ll give you a brief list of what I did, so you have an idea. But bear in mind that I made no discoveries whatsoever, and as anisolated feature all of my solutions are commonly used in the IEM field.
To tell you the truth, this project, in terms of possible IEM developmental stages, was more about my exploration, identity, and concern than about my technical competence.
What distinguishes my effort, first and foremost, is that I was not afraid to combine all of them in a single design. Despite possi- ble sonic gains, due to some form factors and ergonomic considerations, a typical IEM manufacturer would avoid such combinations not to limit an appeal for a product in the market place by too much.
Second, my procedure of trial and error building prototype after prototype was based on the devotion of a hardcore audiophile to bring the IEM sound as much as possible to the sonics of a no-holds-barred home audio system I’ve been using myself.
So here’s the list of the features:
The First: It’s supposed to be a deep insertion design, which allows sealing the ear channel close (an average of 5 to 8 mm in my case) to the ear drum. As the ear channel constantly narrows in the vicinity of the eardrum, safety is not an issue here.
There are a lot of reasons why this procedure allows you to get the best sound from IEM, but I am not going to dwell upon that at this time.
The Second: The final visual appearance of the product doesn’t have a universal appeal, as it’s a fully hand-made product. But what does matter is the mechanical and electrical reliability of its construction, which is very important in intensive and long-term portable use, with its constant mechanical stress on the IEMs, its connecting elements, and its connecting cable. The cable can be easily repaired or replaced with a spare one.
The Third: These IEMs are intended to be used in an excessive external noise environ- ment, therefore, their design provides suffi- cient ear channel acoustical and mechanical (that means the noise generated by the con- necting cable) isolation at its very tip.
The Fourth: The IEMs should be positioned as deep as possible in the ear chan- nel, preferably close or at its second bend, the spot of transition from cartilage tissue to the bone tissue (it’s a well-established fact in audiology that such a position allows to avoid pain when touching the thin skin further down the bone part, and at the same time provides a minimal “occlusion” effect).
The Fifth: All the drivers in the earphone are positioned at the same axis, and this axis’ direction is, as much as possible, paral- lel to the direction of soundwaves’ propaga- tion along the ear channel.
The Sixth: The IEM is a fully differential design ready made to work in a two-way active system with two separate amplifiers.
Throughout my 20+ years’ worth of home audio experience I learned all the advantages of using active multi-way home audio systems, so this two-way active earphone system can be used with a specially designed and built dedicated DAC/DSP/two- way electronic crossover/two dedicated balanced amplifiers—all in one box (a separate offshoot from this IEM project).
The Seventh: Via a special mini XLR-mini jack adapter this IEM can work with any music player or a smart phone.
If you have to use the IEMs with a portable audio player that is when you can-not use the dedicated DAC/DSP/crossover/two amplifiers capability. I wanted to avoid the use of any passive crossover on the IEMs to avoid the passive filters’ inherent distortions. Besides, speaking of absolute, I was aware of the complexity of the passive crossover’s implementation within physical dimensions of a portable device so I was reluctant to even consider using it.
So this IEM doesn’t have any passive filters, only master resistors.
The Eighth: The combination of seven drivers in both left and right channel and their acoustic loading characteristics is selected to avoid usage of any passive filter- ing to achieve the seamlessness of sound. The sound outlets are of maximum diameter and of shortest lengths possible.
One driver is “naked”—that is it’s got no tubing at all; it shoots directly into the ear channel.
I was anticipating that the drivers’ selec- tion process is going to be long and painstaking and has to be performed only after all seven previous conditions are fulfilled. And I was determined to consider all the Balanced Armature driver options available.
As the IEM seals close to the ear drum, all the open ear resonances are lost, so to restore the natural sound perception and presentation, the combination of the drivers in the IEM should resonate at the lost resonances’ frequencies. This challenge was successfully met in the final design, and the natural high-frequency response is support- ed. As a result of it, the sound of the IEM is perceived outside the head.
The Ninth: The connecting cable was selected with its sonic virtues as a top priority. At the same time, as its mechanical prop- erties still do matter, the final version of the cable is completely applicable with its specific application and “tear and wear” status.
With the help of cable guru Chris Sommovigo of Stereolab, after several iterations a dedicated IEM audiophile cable was born and being used in this IEM.
The Tenth: No additional ready-made acoustic filters are used (with the sole exception of necessary tube outlets acting as such filters, leading to the drivers).
I decided that the common “Band-Aid” approach of using such industry-standard filters allows you to cut some corners but brings much more harm to the sound than does any good.

WSR Reber: How do you optimize a balance between sonics and form ergonomics in the design of earphones?

Kucherenko: Briefly speaking, as much as I could. Setting the sonic quality as an uppermost top priority, obviously I ran into some tough decisions I had to make over ergonomics in the design.
Custom ear-mold IEMs are the opposite: a great ergonomics idea and a fantastic logistics scheme, but, in my view, too com- promised sonically. First of all, all the drivers in custom ear monitors are shooting from different angles (up to 90 degrees in a typical example). Second, they are located, in most of the cases, outside the entrance to the ear channel, emitting the sound through narrow, long, and curved sound bores. Also, to mend all the problems associated with a specific model, appealing to the lowest common denominator on the market—that is to ensure that this model’s form ergonomics would provide a comfortable fit to all these people who would use it. You can’t avoid a usage of some crude (because of physical space limitations) passive electrical filtering and some crude acoustical filtering as well.
In a typical universal fit an IEM model, especially a multi-driver one, the off-axis compromises and filtering are even more dramatic.
Can you imagine what kind of sound you’d get from a loudspeaker with all its driv- ers, including tweeters and midrange driv- ers, pointing in all the different directions, up to 90 degrees apart? And it’s exactly what happens in a typical multi-driver IEM. Add a long curved bore to this analogy, and it’d be like listening to a loudspeaker playing in a living room but from your bedroom via a long curved corridor. It’s not surprising that audio- philes, accustomed to sitting in a “sweet spot” in front of a properly set up pair of loudspeakers, don’t like a typical IEM sound.
My goal was to re-create, as much as possible, a “near-field” listening experience for the IEM.
For that I had to move the drivers as close as possible to the eardrum, first, and place all the drivers on axis with each other, second, and, finally, to direct this common axis, as much as possible, straight to the ear drum. In the latter aspect of the design, deep insertion is of a big help.
To reach this IEM “sweet spot” position- ing I could not avoid compromises in its ergonomics in terms of a universally comfort- able fit. But at this stage of development, as much as I tried, I could not go any further in terms of making the IEM appealing to a wider audience. The drivers’ compliment is crucial to attain the sound I want, and the physical configuration of the final assembly is the sole restricting factor to achieve this wide appeal. There is no doubt that some future attempts to improve the ergonomics and to expand the appeal of such-like IEMs by using different drivers and technologies can be very successful. So, we will see.
Realizing the futility of competing with the Goliaths on their own turf, I didn’t see much sense in a “homebrew” imitation of what was already done by “the proper” IEM manufacturers—be it a universal tip or a custom ear- mold type of solution.
kvik

Brugeravatar

IndlĂŚgaf kvik » 16. feb 2018, 22:54

Er nÌsten nødt til at genoplive denne trüd.. Der er nu en ny top-model, SPearphone SB-7A, med dedikeret DAC/AMP - og DACCA som sidstnÌvnte kaldes er da helt vild!

StereoPravda DACCA.png
StereoPravda DACCA.png (827.73 KiB) Vist 8914 gange
StereoPravda DACCA back.png
StereoPravda DACCA back.png (315.29 KiB) Vist 8914 gange

StereoPravda DACCA (built to order)

Portable (battery power supply) two-way fully differential DAC/passive analog tone control and high pass filter/IEM amplifier, specially developed to operate with StereoPravda SB-7A In-The-Ear Monitor

“Under its hood” DACCA has got:
- fully differential two-way DAC built using eight Burr-Brown multi-bit “PCM 1704”;
- eight channels of analog power amplification (two differential amps per channels multiplied by two IEM sections fed by the amps);
- DSP-processor used to implement a set of six digital filters to choose from (plus no digital filtering at all);
- passive analog “tone-control” affecting the “full-bandwidth” section of the IEM – please, see the DIAGRAM;
- passive analog “high pass filter” affecting the “low” section of the IEM – please, see the DIAGRAM;
- switching on and off the “mix” signal with an ability to audition it in real time, “mix channels” have got the same set of adjustments, including “the tone control” and “the high pass filtering” as are available in the “direct” channel;
- 2 slots of memory to save all chosen parameters.

Available DACCA’s adjustments:
- the absolute input sensitivity for the both sections;
- the relative sensitivity between the sections;
- the relative balance between the left and right channels (both for the “direct”, and “mix” channels);
- the relative level of “mix” signal compared to the “direct” signal.

The DACCA’s main control buttons:
- INPUT, MUTE, HOLD, SAVE;
- VOLUME CONTROL (also used as a wheel to choose adjusting parameters).

The DACCA’s digital inputs (no analog inputs are available):
- back panel: SPDI/F (on coaxial RCA connector), I2S (proprietary connector);
- front panel: mini-USB.

The DACCA’s IEM analog outputs:
- two mini-XLR connectors on front panel for differential amplification of both “full-bandwidth” section of the IEM, and its’ ”low” section.

Notes:
- an average operation time on the included battery power supply is 4 hrs;
- four Li-Ion batteries and the charger is included;
- an optional set of four Li-Ion batteries plus an optional charger costs 200 USD (plus shipping);
- a proprietary differential I2S output can be installed in some digital music players (e.g. HiFiman-801, Lotoo PAW Gold, etc) to modify them, so they can operate with DACCA for additional 300 USD via this interface (plus shipping).
kvik

Brugeravatar

IndlĂŚgaf Claus-DK » 16. feb 2018, 23:06

Der er sket ting og sager med udbud og efterspørgsel i Rusland siden muren faldt..
Claus-DK

Brugeravatar
Administrator

IndlĂŚgaf kvik » 16. feb 2018, 23:09

En anmeldese, og et par billeder herfra..

Pravda-2.jpg
Pravda-2.jpg (287.67 KiB) Vist 8912 gange
Pravda-6.jpg
Pravda-6.jpg (247.93 KiB) Vist 8912 gange
kvik

Brugeravatar

Tilbage til Nyheder